Saturday, March 27, 2010

24. Complete four 5ks (1/4)

First 5k- CHECK!


I was more nervous than I wanted to let on. I knew I would be insanely disappointed in myself if I stopped before it was finished. THe first mile was SO EASY. Everyone was running super fast and my dad got swept off with the crowd (reflected in the fact that he ran a 9:48 first mile and then a 14 minute second mile lol) but I just kept my pace. I knew if I went too fast at the beginning, I would burn out. I kept my pace pretty much the whole time. First mile was 11:30 I think, 2nd was 25:05, and then I finished at 38:05 at 3.1 miles......so I did an expected slow down but nothing crazy. I know I am not fast, but throughout the race, I never ONCE thought I couldn't finish. I w ould like to improve my time a little bit, but i am not really all that concerned about it. I finished and that's what matters :)

It wass SO COLD in the morning, so I layered up. It hadnt warmed up before we started, so I ran in full sweats and layers.....I was so hot by the end! Hopefully the future ones will be better.....I dont mind a sweatshirt but the sweatpants were hot!

Official time was posted as 38:05 and I was 264 of 374 runners I think.


No comments:

Post a Comment